1. Pour the milk into a shallow bowl and add the bread. Leave to soak for about 2/3 minutes. Put lamb mince, soaked bread, diced onion, salt and pepper in food processor and blend till smooth and ings are incorporated or do by hand.
2. Shape the mixture into balls size of a walnut - add 2 tbsp oil to the casserole pan, and then fry the meatballs in batches until browned all over, remove from pan and keep warm, add sliced onions to same pan and fry over medium heat for 8/10 min till nicely caramelized.
3. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir well in to the onions. Slowly add the hot stock and tomato purée, stirring constantly and bring to a boil, add meatballs, parsnips, cover and put in oven for 30 min.
4. Remove from oven and over low heat stir in kale and simmer for 2/3 min.
5. Divide evenly and serve with broccoli and new potatoes