There are many benefits to living and working in Scotland. From the vibrant and cosmopolitan social life of the cities to the peace and quiet of some of the world's most stunning scenery, Scotland offers a lifestyle to suit everyone.
We’ve built an excellent reputation for allowing new industry sectors to emerge, grow and thrive and we’re consistently breaking new ground in areas from gaming to life sciences to renewable energies. As a result, Scotland has a diverse set of job opportunities that offer something for everyone.
Opportunities in our top industries
Scotland is a centre of excellence for electronic technologies; we have the fourth largest financial services centre in Europe; we're home to one of Europe's most vibrant energy industries, and there is a highly successful life sciences sector, with a wide range of expertise including drug discovery, bio-manufacturing and stem cell sciences.
Excellent employment opportunities and an enviable way of life make living in Scotland a unique experience. For more information, visit the TalentScotland website.
Why work in Scotland?
- The highest employment rate of the UK's four countries
- Highly regulated good working practices and conditions that safeguard employees
- High staff retention rates
- Accessible on-going education for all ages and languages
- Wide spectrum of industry opportunities, and at many different levels
- Rewards for motivation and hard work.