In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland (where this is applicable) and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application and submit it by the closing date. Please note, The application window for the 2022 Saltire International Scholarship is now closed to students from Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
- The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
Skills and Experience
Applicants must demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.