Your Qualifications

To undertake Scottish education you will need to find out whether your qualifications are accepted in Scotland. Students are required to contact the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC).

UK NARIC works on behalf of the UK government Department for Education and Skills, and provide a service comparing international and UK academic qualifications.

It can provide you with a letter of comparability that gives a potential employer or education establishment the UK equivalents of your qualifications. However, it can only provide assessment statements for fully completed qualifications.

For a Letter of Comparability, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • A photocopy of your certificate(s) together with transcript(s)
  • A copy of a certified translation in English if necessary — you can get this from a translation agency
  • A covering letter, in English, from yourself stating the purpose of your enquiry

How much does this service cost?

There is a charge for letters of comparability for those living outside the UK and EU and a slightly higher charge for people living in the UK and EU.

Visit the UK NARIC website