Visa application

Students who would like to study in Scotland must comply with UK Border Agency regulations in order to gain entry into the country.

Different rules apply, depending on whether you are a student from a European and Economic Area (EEA) country or an international student from a non-EEA country.

If you are from the EEA (made up of the 27 member countries of the EU) and have been accepted on a course of study, you're entitled to enter the UK freely and have the right of residence for the duration of your course.

International students (non EEA) must obtain sponsorship from a licensed education provider in the UK.

For comprehensive visa application guidelines, visit Study In Scotland.